Sunday, November 21, 2010

Butterfly Cake

This was a last-minute order from a guy at work who wanted a 'larger than sheet-cake' sized, butterfly-shaped cake for his girlfriend. With 2 days notice during the work week. In other words - a major rush job.

He wanted a simple white cake with vanilla frosting. A simple, HUGE white cake.

I made this using 4 sheet cakes and a whole bunch of vanilla buttercream icing. A whole bunch.
The antennae...I know what you are thinking, but these weren't the FINAL antennae for the cake. At least I don't think he used these. My wife fashioned some chocolate antennae while I was at work. They were fragile enough that we decided to give them to the client so he could insert them in the cake once he got home. Hopefully he did, because these are just....sad. Very sad.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment